Andrew Breitbart: Our Fearless General

Many things are being said about our friend Andrew Breitbart with the shocking news of his passing last night. There were three words used time and again to describe him by the people I knew who were part of his world, “Our Fearless General.”

Andrew lifted the veil covering the true war being fought inside America between truth and deception, freedom and tyranny, and good and evil. He unmasked the media in a way that has never been done before, exposing what we in America are truly up against in the struggle to maintain the blessings of our founders. He declared and publicized the ongoing civil war that began many years ago, that we were unaware of, and is still far from over.

I find it utterly unfortunate to read headlines declaring the “untimely passing of conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart.” Andrew was not a conservative commentator, at least not to me. When I met Andrew a little over a year and a half ago, I knew instantly this was a man I would follow into battle against the greatest opponents of freedom and liberty America–and quite possibly the world–has ever seen.

Andrew could spot the forces lurking in the dark shadows of the American left and, as he described it, the liberal-media complex, better than anyone who walked among us. He could see the battle lines drawn on a digital battlefield just as General Washington saw them through the colonial forests. He led an army of amateur activists, amateur journalists, watchdogs and modern day warriors picking apart the tactics of Saul Alinksy’s red army of community organizers, just as Washington led an untrained militia to take out the British generals, leaving their soldiers undirected and ripe for defeat.

Andrew’s fire was contagious. I caught it from him, and I have many amazing friends that are each blessed to feel the same flame. Andrew lit the torch of truth, he carried in front of all of us, he led us into battle and we anxiously followed.

Today is a sad day for America, it is a sad day in the battle for freedom, but it is a day that Andrew’s torch is burning brighter than ever before. I know it, because I can feel it. I feel a greater sense of responsibility to continue this fight. I know in my heart that it will still burn in me, and it will still burn in everyone who stood next to him in the “scrum” until each of our last precious breaths.

I will miss you Andrew, I am glad to have known you as a friend, I will carry out our cause and fight as you did until my last dying breath.

RebelPundit

Andrew and I at the “Eagle’s Nest” in Chicago after some fun with union slobs in Madison. That’s a Jan Fan button in his hand. Because we are 2 of Jan’s biggest fans.

9 comments for “Andrew Breitbart: Our Fearless General

1. David Polermo
    March 1, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I can see how Tea Party extremists would be devastated by Breitbart’s death. But the rest of us feel like the world is a better place without this extremely divisive hateful loudmouth. Breitbart was never comfortable with reality so he created his own fictional world full of fear, half-truths and conspiracy theories. For those of you wondering about the cause of his death, here’s a clue:

• RebelPundit
      March 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Thank you for this. Please direct anymore of your hateful-scumbag animal friends to fill this comment section with their hate and vitriol. After they’re done raping women and then protecting each other from police.

2. David Polermo
    March 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Right, hate and vitriol are only ok if it’s coming from you or your friends.

3. W C Augustine
    March 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm

David, your venomous hate obviously overcomes any humanistic sentiments you may have. Sorry for you. Unfortunately for your cause it lays bare the true nature of your humanity.

4. LiveFromRussianHill
    March 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Hey DP, thanks for self-punking…from beyond the grave, Brietbart gives you and your ilk one more opportunity to show everyone what you really are; your comment is the manifestation of his strategy and thus, you beclown yourself…QED

5. sue augustine
    March 1, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Not only did Andrew Breitbart make the world a better place, he made it a happier place! I miss him already! Bless You Andrew for giving us a part of you. The Best Part of You.

6. March 2, 2012 at 1:05 am

It is a sad day for the effort and for his family and friends. He had us a little better country from his efforts.

7. el polacko
    March 2, 2012 at 3:42 am

andrew’s very existence exposed the lies of the left. he was the “racist” who thought that all people should be treated equally, the “homophobe” who fully supported the rights of gay citizens, and the “sexist” who adored and relied on his wife and daughters for his strength. he was able to laugh at the attacks against him and even wear them as a badge of honor because he was a good-hearted, brilliant, and honorable man.

8. John S
    March 3, 2012 at 11:14 am

Don’t ever lose that photo. The General still owes me for an air mattress! :) The few times I met him & time spent with him he was going full speed; even in the middle of a NCAA national championship football game. I am only comforted by the fact he attracted so many younger people to his causes and hopefully many will to their best to fill his shoes.