Occupy Chicago Joins “Destroy Israel” Anti-war Anti-America “Peace” March

In our continuing coverage from last Saturday’s anti-war protest and march organized by the left-wing ANSWER Coalition, Code Pink, and the Gay Liberation Network, we have more alarming video to share. Alarming, but not surprising, given our footage of the same groups’ joint demonstration last March.

Organizers and protesters from Occupy Chicago joined these groups and provided support to last Saturday’s anti-war gathering. The protest carried a strong anti-Israel/anti-America message, a theme that both served as a rallying cry for the day and, more ominously, a call to action for the organization of massive demonstrations in Chicago next May during the G-8 and Nato summit. Bringing more socialist economics to the United States, was also high on the agenda for the day.

Hatem Abudayyeh, a local pro-Palestinian agitator, rose to stage to address the crowd regarding Israel and American imperialism. He referred to Benjamin Netanyahu as a “fool” for his recent address to the U.N. General Assembly, and cheered the effectiveness of the global boycott and divestment in Israel, which he said was successfully putting a “dent in Israel’s indemnity over Palestine and the Arab world.” During the speech, members of the radical left-wing Jewish Voice for Peace, an organization on which noted socialist Noam Chomsky happens to sit on the board, passed out flyers that read at the top, “Be a Passivist (sic), be a Nonviolent Activist, Refuse to Pay Taxes, Destroy Israel!”

[vsw id="8mkFKOCxeHk" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"]

Abudayyeh is not a rookie in the activist business. He is the executive director for the Arab American Action Network, which was founded by radical PLO propagandist Rashid Khalidi. When President Obama was on the board of directors for the Woods Fund, they gave a $40,000 grant to Abudayyeh’s group, and the group has also received close to $500,000 in federal tax dollars.

Abudayyeh’s home was raided by the FBI in September 2009 along with 22 other radical activists, a few of whom joined him at the march, and were investigated for suspected ties and support to terrorist groups such as Hamas and the Colombian F.A.R.C. Abudayyeh also was a guest in Obama’s White House on April 22, 2010.

8 comments for “Occupy Chicago Joins “Destroy Israel” Anti-war Anti-America “Peace” March

1. tadcf
    October 14, 2011 at 10:12 am

I notice that the “Destroy Israel” comment was added with a pen to the leaflet.

• Carmelo Pappalardo
      October 15, 2011 at 10:16 am

No it is not. Can you not see the ink dots on the paper? When a flyer is cheaply printed, or copied…there is a smudginess around the words. Nothing was added later. Sorry!

2. Red girl in a blue state
    October 14, 2011 at 6:13 pm

my teacher’s union personally called me to “encourage ” me to march last Saturday in solidarity with my brothers in downtown Chicago. But after working all week I need a vacation.

3. October 14, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I make 36 K per year. I support Israel. I know the Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims, and Progressives want to completely destroy the Jewish state, so Jews won’t be safe anywhere in the world. I guess this validates me as a rock solid 1percenter. This protest is not about economics, but to promote evil. If this protest was about economics, the protesters would not be completely silent on The White House refusal to turn over all documents on the Solyndra croney capitalism scandal. Typical ongoing Progressive hypocrisy, insanity, and stupidity.

4. Tim
    October 14, 2011 at 10:10 pm

The Israeli govt doesnt have most Israeli’s interest at heart. Evident by the Israeli protests going on right now. Israel is no friend of the USA. They use our kids for their wars and attacked the USS Liberty to provoke the US in a war with Egypt. Youtube “Uss liberty dead in the water” to listen to what american survivors say. Screw the Israeli govt, not the people.

5. October 15, 2011 at 8:06 am

As I said Tim, the Occupation protesters silence on the current Solyndra croney capitialism scandalsays it all. Regarding Israel, as ai said, I’m rock solid for it. This makes me a 1 percenter.

6. GSR
    October 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Being opposed to Zionism is being pro-American!!!!

Israel (and its US apologists of Jews and Evangelicas) wants Americans to fund its landgrabs, fund its economy, protect it in international forums and fight wars against all of Israel’s enemies.

America can’t afford to do this and it is morally wrong. Screw Israel, I don’t care if they survive. I care about our survival, not theirs. If anyones loves Israel so much, then go there!!!

• Boetica
      October 17, 2011 at 10:02 pm

In the words of the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.: “And what is anti-Zionist? It is the denial to the Jewish people of a fundamental right that we justly claim for the people of Africa and freely accord all other nations of the Globe. It is discrimination against Jews, my friend, because they are Jews. In short, it is antisemitism.”