This weekend we attended a Tea Party event in Kokomo, Indiana. As we were interviewing Republican U.S. Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock; his campaign manager, Chief Deputy & General Counsel for Indiana, Jim Holden surprisingly loses it  and stops the interview.

UPDATE: An apology for what occurs in the video below has been issued by Treasurer Mourdock today on the Dana Show. An apology has also been received from Deputy Treasurer Jim Holden. Both explained they believe this was a case of mistaken identity.

At Rebel Pundit, we do accept the apologies offered. However we do feel after this unfortunate event, it is important to remember, this type of behavior is something we hope to never see at a Tea Party or conservative rally of any kind. Regardless of who is questioning a candidate, be it a main stream media reporter, blogger, average citizen, or an opponent, candidates and their staff must be held to a higher standard, if they seek to represent us.

[vsw id="21GicLuaBdU" source="youtube" width="560" height="349" autoplay="no"]

12 comments for “UPDATE: Indiana Senate Candidate Mourdock’s Campaign Assaults Citizen Journalist

1. June 13, 2011 at 11:53 am

Since he’s been identified and you have evidence, have you considered swearing out a complaint for assault? Seems open and shut to me.

2. Anna K.
    June 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Richard Mourdock is INDEED the favorite of the Tea Party!
    This blogger is INDEED a tracker!
    Open and shut case to me.

3. June 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm

No one political faction in the USA is wide enough to carry a majority by itself. This is by design (read Federalist #10 for details). If we’re going to win, the Tea Party needs conventional Republicans who respect it, listen to it, and are willing to be influenced by it. Richard Mourdock is one of those people.

Treasurer Mourdock is honest about where he is coming from, someone who is a conservative, a member of the regular GOP, who is happy that a lot of new people are coming in to move the country in a similar direction that he’s wanted all along. This does not make him a member of the Tea Party and he’s honest about it. But by showing up, by speaking out, he’s demonstrated a proven record as a friend and, by contrast, a distinct improvement over Sen Lugar.

None of this is changed by this incident. I called up the Mourdock campaign and they said they’re issuing a statement addressing the matter today.

4. Scott
    June 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I might vote Republican for the first time in my life. You are an over dramatic unknown seeking publicity (can you say Dana?). Is your hero Andrew Brietbart? Assault? Intimidation? Quite a stretch of the facts from your own video.

5. jim mason
    June 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm

He is Sen. Lugers replacement? Then I like him already. It explains why he is being targeted by the leftist media then. Should be acceptable to punch them all.

6. tea party guy
    June 13, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Here’s the definition of assault so you can quite using it inappropriately publicity hound:

1) tries to or does physically strike another, or 2) acts in a threatening manner to put another in fear of immediate harm. Many states declare that a more serious or “aggravated” assault/battery occurs when one 1) tries to or does cause severe injury to another, or 2) causes injury through use of a deadly weapon.

7. tea party guy
    June 13, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Furthermore, good luck finding the perfect candidate…he/she DOES NOT exist.

Since you are obviously a political newbie, political elections involve supporting the “least objectionable candidate.”

And, FOR THE RECORD, I was present and witnessed the entire incident. Instead of just walking away, you stayed and acted a fool. You created a huge scene to get attention. You acted like you just were punched in the face or something. Ok, so the guy should not have touched you camera. GET OVER IT bro. Move on. You forgot to mention your temper tantrum on the Dana Show. So there you have it folks, the other half of the story.

8. Anna K.
    June 13, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Wow! You were wearing a t-shirt with islamic text and the word INFIDEL on the front….and you didn’t think anyone would wonder who and what you were about?
    You knew Fair Tax had a booth at this event. Why would you persist with a question about Fair Tax?
    You created the suspicion Jeremy. Holden should not have covered your camera. But you created the problem yourself.
    I am certainly curious, why would you drive three hours from Chicago to do this???
    I hope to see a response from you.
    I am a Tea Party administrator. We have urged Mourdock to run for nearly two years. You are damaging all the hard work the Indiana Tea Parties have accomplished in two years.
    We need 100 Mourdocks in DC!

9. tea party guy
    June 15, 2011 at 10:51 am

so when are you going to remove the word “assault” from you blog title and use the phrase “touched my camera”?

You’ve got more than your 15 minutes, so you can stop now.

10. GMO
    October 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Glad to see some fight in him, which is a lot more than I can say about RINO Lugar. I look forward to voting for Mourdock.

11. May 24, 2013 at 2:33 pm

United States: Hard michael kors purses choicesSome 25,000 to 40,000 infants are adopted each year through private American adoption.

12. April 15, 2014 at 4:41 am

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your
    weblog. You have some really great articles and I feel I would be
    a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off,
    I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please shoot me an email if interested. Many thanks!